The Arc of St. Lucie County, Inc. is a private not-for-profit corporation that provides a comprehensive array of services to individuals with intellectual, physical, and developmental disabilities in our community. The Arc is dedicated to enabling the individuals we serve to choose and realize their goals of where and how to live, learn, work and play. It is the strong belief of the staff and the Board of Directors that all individuals who are served by The Arc are entitled to a quality of life equivalent to that of non-disabled individuals in our community and around the nation.
The Arc provides numerous opportunities for individuals with intellectual and physical disabilities to grow and develop
These opportunities are provided in a myriad of settings, ranging from day programs to community-based employment, to vocational training to group homes. Using innovative training and teaching methods, these opportunities focus on maximizing independence.
The Arc strives to maintain the highest standards of excellence in training and support, advocacy, and service..
The Arc has grown steadily since its inception in 1954. The Executive Director oversees the day to day operations of the organization under a Board of Directors. The Arc’s self-governing character is demonstrated by full management policy, controlled by a self perpetuating Board which elects its own members. Management and policy decisions are based on the premise that our clients must be able to make their own choices.
Currently, The Arc serves over 150 individuals in a variety of settings, ranging from adult and children’s day programs to community-based employment services to vocational training to residential services. We employ over 80 associates, including managerial, direct-care support, and transportation staff.
The Arc Team
- CEO – Athary Koning firstname.lastname@example.org
- CFO – Daisy Velazquez email@example.com
- Director of Services – Dylan Raguseo firstname.lastname@example.org
- Day Program Director – Tara Goheen email@example.com
- Residential Direction – Joe Fernandez firstname.lastname@example.org
- Children’s Program Manager – Brandy Roberts email@example.com
- Residential Manager – Felicia Bynoe Fbynoe@arcofstlucie.org
- Residential Manager – Elizabeth Shelly firstname.lastname@example.org
- Person-Centered Case Specialist – Shanette Shongwe email@example.com
- Office Manager – Manny Perez firstname.lastname@example.org
- Program Support Specialist – Bill Stevens email@example.com
- Facilities Manager – Eliezer Lopez firstname.lastname@example.org
Board of Directors
- Curtis Boyd – President
- Charles Shafer – Vice President
- Cheryl Dempsey – Treasurer
- Tammy Crouse– Director
- Alesha Fuller – Treasurer
- Christena Patterson – Director
- Caleb Gillette – Director
- Troy Ingersoll – Director
- Barbara Guettler – Director
- Joseph Edge – Director
- Kelly Phelan – Director
- Patricia Burgess – Director
- Mayor Linda Hudson
- Jeremiah Johnson
- Tom Perona
- Sheriff Ken Mascara
- Shannon Martin
- Mayor Brian Hester
- Sean Mitchell
Just enter your name and email address below. Then click “I want to be a Member”! A member of The Arc of St. Lucie County’s Management Team will contact you to obtain your other contact data and payment information.
Booster ($25 – $49)
Friend ($50 – $99)
Pacesetter ($100 – $499)
Patron ($500 – $999)
Sponsor ($1,000 – $2,499)
Partner ($2,500 – $5,000)
Corporate Friend ($125 – $499)
Corporate Patron ($500 – $1,499)
Corporate Sponsor ($1,500 – $2,999)
Corporate Partner ($3,000 – Above)
Why Become A Member?
Your membership means The Arc can continue providing services, advocacy, and supports to people with intellectual or developmental disabilities in St. Lucie County. They are counting on us! And we are counting on you!
By joining our network of more than 140,000 members and close to 700 affiliated chapters nationwide, you can be a part of the largest grassroots movement to protect the rights of people with intellectual and developmental disabilities (I/DD).
As part of this network, you’ll be connected to others with and without disabilities who share your beliefs and your challenges. Self-advocates (an individual with I/DD), their family members, experts and professionals in the field and advocates and activists work together through The Arc to ensure that people with I/DD have the resources to meet their needs and live self-determined lives.
The Arc of the United States
The Arc US is a tremendous resource for people wanting to learn more about developmental or intellectual disabilities –and about what we are doing at the national level too.The Arc of St. Lucie County is an affiliated chapter of the Arc of The US. Click anywhere in this box to open a tab with The Arc US.